Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another update from Acres...

6 June 2008

Dear Families and Friends,

I know you are all very anxious for the new legislation to be revealed. So are we! The legislators have now agreed to stay in session until the end of June to complete the temporary emergency policy. The staff and lawyers have been working hard on a new proposal that will go before the law-makers next week. Obviously, this proposal is pro-adoption and designed to facilitate the international adoption process. Until the new policy is passed, however, we will not have the details to share. Thank you for your continued prayers. As always, we will keep you informed as things develop.

As the situation begins to settle down in Liberia, Lighthouse thinks that we will be able to request a referral in a couple of weeks. Although having all of our paperwork completed would have made us referral ready awhile ago, we decide to not accept any referrals until the future of adoptions in Liberia became a little more clear. We are so ready to move forward in all of this, but at the same time we have wanted to make wise choices. So for now, we continue to wait and hope that we will hear more positive news soon.

No comments: