Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yesterday my mom and I started setting up for the garage sale. My brother and his wife were out on a walk and when they came back they told us they saw some furniture on the side of the road in good condition that we should get for the sale. So, we went and found it and loaded a couple of things into the van. In the middle of hauling a somewhat heavy entertainment center into the van my mom said, "I can't wait to tell the girls about how we were out trash picking to raise money to bring them home!" Seriously, we will have so many stories to share with them. So many people are helping us raise the money we need.

I called the Dispatch to place the ad for the garage sale. $48!!!! I think that's a little ridiculous. Now we really need sell a lot of stuff! Thanks for all of your donations. I think by the time we get it all together we're going to have a really huge garage sale.

1 comment:

Ryan Hofacre said...

Hey man. I know its been a while since we've had a chance to catch but I've been doing much dreaming over the last year and a half and the next time I'm in town, I'd love to chit chat. A few months before I left for Chicago (in 03), you gave me some CD's on missional church thinking. I think the title somewhere had "cluster" in it and the guy was was from Austrialia.

Anyways, I was thinking of you tonight as I was reading Alan Hirsch's "Forgotten Ways" (he's a missional aussi). I have fond memories of those meals at your house in 03.

Blessings
Hofacre