Friday, March 21, 2008

It's been a really good day, and it just got even better. I have had an amazing day with my family. Eric and I took the boys to the Franklin Park Conservatory and it was so relaxing and fun. Then we came home and colored our Easter eggs. Then the mail came, and guess what was inside my mailbox? MY I-171H APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was supposed to take at least 3 weeks, and I have heard of it taking up to 6 months. The Columbus office is on top of things! It's only been 10 days! If you can't tell, I'm extremely excited. This is the very last document needed to make us referral ready with Acres of Hope. Only a tiny bit of that excitement left when I called Diana to share the news and find out where to fax this to, and I received a voicemail that she was out of the country until the 27th. Oh well--at least I have the paper in my hands.

Other adoption news. We have completed the on-line portion of our grant application for Shaohannah's Hope. I have to get busy quickly on the rest of the documents they need mailed to them this week.

Finally, keep your calendars clear for April 26th. Our amazing friends are planning a benefit for the adoption. More details to come.

And it's March Madness time, a day really doesn't get much better than this.

Added later*************Okay, it can get a little better. Cowboy won $150 in the lottery today. That's a lot of money for an old homeless man. He was so excited!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Congratulations! That is HUGE news! I remember how excited I was. . this paper you've been pining after for so long, finally here (and so short!)!

Brandi
PS Are you on the acres yahoogroup? If not, I can give you details on how to join. you can email me if you want at
brandim@westwoodchurch.com