Friday, February 13, 2009

To be honest, I'm a bit nervous to share too many details on the internet about this process right now. Yes, I'm probably paranoid.

At the same time, I want to keep this blog going because I know many of you check this regularly so you know how to pray. Your prayers mean so much to us right now. We need them!

The concrete good news I have right now is that all children have been returned to Acres of Hope's orphanage. Our Nana was never removed because she is in a different facility. Although we have been so grateful that her care was never disrupted, we have been worried sick about the children who were taken from the only home they know and from their nannies. This is also very good news because Acres of Hope must be in good standing with the Liberian government for our adoption to be processed.

I don't have any more official news at this time, but things are looking more hopeful and we look forward to sharing more good news with you as we receive it.

Again, we rely on your prayer support. It is what sustains us right now. Last week I was numb to all of my emotions regarding this adoption. Maybe that was gift, maybe I needed a week off from all of the feelings. Today it all became real again, which is good too. Allowing myself to feel makes my prayers more consistent and urgent. The trick is to not allow fear to creep in.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

"Last week I was numb to all of my emotions regarding this adoption. Maybe that was gift, maybe I needed a week off from all of the feelings. Today it all became real again"

This is how I've felt too, but not until now have I realized that maybe this WAS a gift from God! The second I heard that the kids were returned to their orphanage, I was overcome with emotions once again... but positive emotions this time around! :)
Thank You Lord for bringing these kids back to the orphanage's healthy and loving environment!

Your friend,
Sarah